What are your rates?
$160 for a 50 minute session.
I accept payment by e-transfer or credit card. My services are not covered by insurance at this time.
Where do you see clients?
I am based in Guelph, ON. However, currently all sessions are done online using doxy.me (similar to zoom but more secure)
How can Therapy Help?
- It can allow you to explore sensitive aspects of yourself in a safe, non-judgmental environment.
- It can give you the opportunity to make choices you might not have otherwise had the insight or courage to make.
- It can enable you to understand conflicting parts of yourself and how to integrate these into you life to live more authentically.
- It can help you to utilize and value your creativity and imagination.
- It can help you find new ways to express your uniqueness and live a life that reflects who you truly find yourself to be.
- It can be part of your spiritual journey and part of the process of finding your true self
What can I expect in the first session?
In a free consultation you will have a chance to tell me what is brining you to counselling. I’ll tell you a little bit about myself and how I work. You will have time to ask any questions you may have. It will be a chance for you to decide if you feel comfortable with me and want to continue working together.
If we decide to work together in the first full session I generally start by taking a brief history of your life including childhood up to the present time, significant relationships and general health. However, if you are in extreme distress I will work to help you relieve symptoms first and I will get more background information if/when it becomes necessary.
A few moments will be spent on “housekeeping” issues such as:
- payment method
- cancellation policy
It is import to discuss these formalities at the beginning so that we can proceed with clearly defined boundaries.
How often do I come to counselling?
Typically people do weekly one-hour sessions. However, sometimes twice a week or once every other week works best.
How long will I have to be in counselling?
This really depends on how long you want to be in therapy. Some people start to feel that they have resolved their issues after a few months and decide to stop. For others, once they start the process they learn more and more about themselves and want to stay in counselling for many years.